The Ohio Waiver Network is dedicated to continual learning for all levels in the Developmental Disabilities field.
All O.W.N. members have access to a variety of training topics for managers, D.S.P.'s, and the people we serve. We offer weekly subscriptions to training tips that all levels of management can benefit from. We also regularly partner with other organizations and D.O.D.D. to present and educate the provider community on rule or philosophy changes.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
Leonardo da Vinci
Circle Project: O.W.N. & O.A.C.B.D.D. (Ohio Association of County Board of Developmental Disabilities) collaborated to create state-wide training on Outcomes.
See the PowerPoint here:
There are no planned trainings at this time.
AMONG MANY OTHERS!
- Weekly Training Tip (email)
- Mental Wellness
- Management Tips
- Unusual Incident Report (U.I.R.) Training
- Basic Leadership
- Success by Design - Ivy Lee Method
- Having Difficult Conversations
For DD Employees
- Avoiding Power Struggles
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Vehicle Driving Tips
- Power Tool Training (on many tools)
- What makes a great team?
- Balancing your Day
- See Me (de-escalating, employee self-
care, support vs. fix, dignity of risk,
relationship building, trauma and why it's important, communication and crisis, I.S.P. refresher)
People we Serve
- What to do when someone is mean
- Relationships and Boundaries
- Apps (for health, fun, movement, etc)
- Rude, mean, bully: Whats the difference?
- Diabetes 101
- Making Choices
- Your I.S.P. Meeting
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Internet Scams
- My Plate (healthy eating)
- Working together after a break up